Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grand Vitara 2,0 tdi 109 HP, 2003
It would suddently not start
Had made a major renovation three years ago and it had not been used for two years
I drove it about 20 miles home with no worries and then this s... happends

Had found out it wont pump diesel to the injectors
The pump at the tank runs shortly as it should when starting
It turns fine and run short on dieselstart
Checket the hose from tank and it pumps fine
Checket the filter (quite new as a lot of others stuff)
Unplugging one of the injectors and nothing happends, no diesel appears
I just checket the power to the High pressure pump, 8 v but shortly
What the ..... is wrong
Can it be the immobilizer ? and how do I check that
Please
Leif,Copenhagen

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
First - if it were the immobilizer you get dashboard lights telling you that, second - I'm 98% certain the high pressure pump is engine driven off of the cam shaft and not electrically powered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks
The High pressure pump is one of the only thing I didnt replaced myself . A mecanic did, so I have to ask him
I just think I always have heard the immobilizer cut off the High pressure pump. If its not electrical how does it then cut it off.

No massage on dashboard
Regards leif

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
I could be mistaken but I'm under the impression what you have is a common rail diesel - if you're not sure go take a look at the injectors and how they connect to the high pressure pump - a maze of pipes, one per injector, connected directly to the pump, no electrical connector on the injector - I'm wrong, one pipe from the pump to the common rail, one pipe per injector from the rail and an electrical cable to each injector - I'm right, and the immobilizer works by disabling the injection.

One correction - the high pressure pump is not driven off of the cam shaft, it's driven by the cam belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts