Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is, of course it depends on what type of volume you are looking for. I think most people in the forums are looking for 20-50HP gain and/or in the alternative, looking to improve mpg by 3-7.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D that's a pretty tall order :lol:

everything that increases hp increases fuel consumption. even if you added all the bolts you can think of, if you don't increase air/fuel ratio you will get bad performance or very bad detonation and you will throw a rod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't wait...

I can't wait until performance parts are available. Bought my SX4 Sport this past December and it's been great:D. 20-75 more hp sounds good to me, and maybe some perfomance suspension bits and pieces as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems to me that efficiency might be the key to modest HP and modest MPG gains. Cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, efficient alternators, weight saving parts, programable chips. The SX4 has plenty of room for refining.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking turbo is the way to go! But would also be interested in any parts the could increase hp without sacrificing to much mpg.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There are a number of things that increase HP AND mileage, despite what some say :) CAI, underdrive pulleys, hi performance exhausts, and ECUs can all do both. There are also things that will improve mileage that are relatively free, like higher tire pressures, removing unneeded weight, keeping the car clean and polished, keeping electrics to a minimum, staying in 2WD unless needed, dieting, keeping windows up, and NOT using higher octane gas.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a number of things that increase HP AND mileage, despite what some say :) CAI, underdrive pulleys, hi performance exhausts, and ECUs can all do both. There are also things that will improve mileage that are relatively free, like higher tire pressures, removing unneeded weight, keeping the car clean and polished, keeping electrics to a minimum, staying in 2WD unless needed, dieting, keeping windows up, and NOT using higher octane gas.
you make good points, most bolt-ons will do both because they are optimizing the air-fuel ratio set by the ECU.

If there is a member that is located is Southern Colorado I would be willing to make deals on parts in order to use their car for prototyping. At this point I would be very interested in producing a propter CAI, cat-back, perhaps a long 4-2-1 header, and come trim pieces. the UD pulley is a very good option, I would have to learn more about the motor and get an OE pulley first. we are making UD pulleys for the Reno and Ferenza. You guys would have to be willing to spend upwards of $225-$250, we have seen gains of 20whp with no other mods with the ferenza.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as an Update, Daftart.com can get Pauter 4340 Forged rods for the J20A motor. they ratail at $788 but we will have them for $750 if anyone is interested.

We can also get sets for the 1.0L, 1.3, 1.6 and 1.8.

They most likely wont be listed on the site for a while but orders can be tanken over the phone or email for the time being.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like a lot of things about my SX4--small but adequate room, easy to park, 4WD, plenty of stuff. But it is definitely underpowered. Before this I had a 2002 Kia Rio Wagon which had better acceleration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts