Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have an Australian 97 coil SJ 80, 1300cc 8v, 5 speed manual, 4x4 soft top.
I have just had my engine re-built at 150,000km and added a mild cam for that extra grunt.
My first problem is high idle cold or hot around 1500-2000rpm. I have been told that the choke on these some times do fail and cause a high idle.

Problem number two I have found that the idle increases to about 2500 hot when I bring it to idle, but this drops by about 1000rpm when I turn off the headlights or heater fan. I found this out because I normally drive home at night and when I turn the headlights off in the driveway the idle dropped.

Wondering if anyone has come across this second problem before, any help would be great before I get an auto elec to charge me heaps only to tell me he has no idea what's wrong with it.

Thanks again :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not to sure what year yours is but on the carburetors there is a screw on the front of the engine that has a vacume diafram on it. The vacume comes from a control thing with two wires on the passenger side of the carb. I think this comes from the alternator and it gives more or less vac. depending on the load of the alt. If it raises with the lights it probably does it with the heater to. Sorry I cant explain it better and I hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts