Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say that I love my Suzuki SX4. It's a 2013 CVT 2litre. I have had it for 2 years now and service has been exceptional. I do have one problem that no-one can solve. Last service was 75 000 km. My consumption for the last 2 years till the day I took it for a service, has been 7.6 l per 100k. Suddenly it's 10.8 l per 100k. Took it back, all fine no problems but consumption still high. Drove it for a month then took it back. They put it on the computer, no problem, all fine. No-one knows why the consumption is now so high. The only difference is they put SAE SW30 engine oil in at the service. Please has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Badgeroz, No I haven't. No-one seems to know but I have had some suggestions on another forum. I took it on the highway and ran at 130mph for about 50 k and it dropped to 9.4. I thought it might give it a clean or heat the oil up. My normal highway driving gave me around 7L/100k. I still think it came down to the oil change

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got an SX4 - 2011 but with only 19,000km on the clock. Only one tank of fuel used so far in horrendous traffic and getting about the 9L/100km. It would be nice to think it will do 7.x, but I don't hold out much hope having read this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Badgeroz, No I haven't. No-one seems to know but I have had some suggestions on another forum. I took it on the highway and ran at 130mph for about 50 k and it dropped to 9.4. I thought it might give it a clean or heat the oil up. My normal highway driving gave me around 7L/100k. I still think it came down to the oil change
130mph? Surely a typo. This car won't go that fast and you'd be a brave soul even if it did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an SX4 - 2011 but with only 19,000km on the clock. Only one tank of fuel used so far in horrendous traffic and getting about the 9L/100km. It would be nice to think it will do 7.x, but I don't hold out much hope having read this forum.
Don't give up hope for 2 years mine did an average of 7.6L/100k city driving and open road with and without towing a caravan. Never saw 10L/100k

Brilliant little car so good luck.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts