Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got some XE pistons for sale. i'll was going to recondition them and have the balanced and maybe cryotreated.

if i do all the above listed work i'll be asking $225+shipping

if i sell them as is and you have them reconditioned i'll be asking $100+shipping

you would need stock XE/LET rods or aftermarket rods because they use a floating pin.

these will raise compression to 11.0:1

i'll post pics tomorrow i just wanted to see if there was any interest.

garrett

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well there are some people that say 'when you're building more power you need a stronger, MLS head gasket' and others that say 'you want the gasket to be the weak link and the first thing to blow' and both are right.

• the idea of an MLS head gasket is that the OE is TOO weak and is prone to blow with little force. fair enough, this would evplain why Honda puts MLS head gaskets on their motors from the factory.

• the idea of the paper gasket is that the gasket will blow before exsesive detination will distroy your piston. this is all well and good but if your motor is going to blow the gasket is the least of your worries. a gasket may help minimize the damage a bit but you will still have blow valves and when the gasket blows you may suck in water causeing even more damage.

long stroy short, if you have an extra $100 or so get the MLS head gasket too

ARP head studs are a great option as well, not a must to most (but then i'd argue that as well :D)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm going to have to do a bit of math because i've been talking to some of the guy on Migweb.co.uk (Vauxhall forum for those who don't know) and they are saying that the copression ratio will be even higher then 11:1 in this case. i'll do some more investigating and let you know what i find out, as it stands 11:1 is a solid figue.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
you know damn well that i'm interested. especially if you're gonna cryo tread and balance them. it might be a while before i can afford them, but i'm definitely interested!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am definately interested in them as well... Also you mentioned being in contact with the people from Migweb.co.uk, do they sell internals or just engine blocks...?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am definately interested in them as well... Also you mentioned being in contact with the people from Migweb.co.uk, do they sell internals or just engine blocks...?

i guess i don't fallow, do you mean, does anyone one on Migweb sell internals? if so then ya but its a forum like this so you get some guys how have new stuff but most everything on there is from a motor or car that is being parted out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts