Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new column lever/ switch. Low beams and daytime running lights are fine. High beams work when lever is pulled back, but not when it is in the High Beam position. Is there another dimmer switch located elswhere under the dash? please help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im having the exact same problem.

Did you end up fixing it? Does anyone else know? I replaced the Combo switch and still the high beams don't work when i push the lever forward.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just to cover the bases, you have the headlamp switch all the way in the 'ON' position when pushing the control stalk forward to engauge highbeams, correct?

I only ask because I had to inform two people that the highbeams will work at any time when pulling the control stalk back, but only work with the control stalk in its fixed position with the headlamp switch turned on past the park lamps.

Sounds crazy to have to say this, but I figured I should ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well maybe the issue is that the headlamps arnt turning on when they are turned past the park lamps, as you say...

I do have DLR and all interior lights come on, but high beams do not. Infact, when I turn on all the lights and push the lever forward, there is a slight, but noticible flash - but no highbeams.

any ideas?

·
Registered
388 Posts
You need to check the wire harness under the left front fender. Shorting/Open issues under the fuse box and near the point of entry to the body all up over the LF inner fender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is a stupid thing to ask, but have you checked to see if your high beam bulb is burned out? Cause on mine I just swap the low beam/ high beam lamps till I get enough saved up for 4 bulbs.

Cause that's what happened to me, high beam bulbs went out after I flashed this semi repetitively to get outta my way :alien: got to the nearest walmart and swapped them and sure enough they worked. Maybe that's all that's wrong with it *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
hi kiwipop welcome to the forum!! this is a really old thread lolol why dont you tell us what the problem your having is and we can try to help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts