Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help - 87' Samuari will not start at higher altitudes. Bought the Sammy in Arizona as a towable, runs great. Live in southern Nevada runs great. Towed it to Utah approximately 8000 feet, would not start. Towed it back down to Southern Nevada, starts & runs great?
Any ideas?????

·
Registered
2005 1.6 GV 3 dr Auto
18 Posts
If the Samurai is a USA model - perhaps the altitude compensator system is not working correctly .

Always assuming that the original carb has not been replaced with an aftermarket replacement of course !

·
Registered
2005 1.6 GV 3 dr Auto
18 Posts
If the Samurai is a USA model - perhaps the altitude compensator system is not working correctly .

Always assuming that the original carb has not been replaced with an aftermarket replacement of course !

·
Registered
2005 1.6 GV 3 dr Auto
18 Posts
Originally posted by VaderSS on here some years ago....
The '86-89 carb represents the last gasp of carb technology. It has a mixture control solenoid on the primary bore that is controlled by the Engine Control Module which looks at an oxygen sensor to keep the correct mixture supplied to the engine.

Of course, the carb is pretty complex as far as carbs go with the typical snake's nest of vacuum hoses from the mid '80s. The nickname for this type of carb is a "carbjector." If I did not live in California, I'd swap a fuel injected manifold onto the engine, as the engine is a fresh rebuild and very strong as far as 1.3's go. My Sami tops out at 90 mph with a stock carb!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts