3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my Gtech pro workign... my best times in the 1/4 were as follows:
16.709-82.40
16.777-74.84
16.857-81.57
16.928-80.49
17.109-80.34

My actual time at the track would be about a half (probably a 1/4) second faster than the Gtech gives me because it starts when my wheels spin. At the track (with good reaction time) My wheels would just stop spin as the time starts. Also without my subs, all the junk, spare tire, extra seat. Should get off an extra half second. I need to play with it alot more and figure the best way out of a full stop. As you can see my 2nd best time (16.777-74.84mph) has a much lower speed than my best time (16.709-82.40mph) which is hardly faster. Cuz in the one with the lower speed i have a much better start but overall wasnt very good.

I was also on a slightly uneven road with a slight curve.

and i never did a 0-60 time only.. but on my 2nd best 1/4 time my 0-60 was 8.78. I think i can do much better... i didnt get to play with it much yet.

Im going to the drag strip the end of this month and ill know my time dead on. I will also be able to fix the accuracy of the gtech to perfection. You need to go to the track with it and do a bunch of stuff to get the exact pitch of the car so its more accurate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if u dont mind me asking.. what mods do ya have on yer car?
coz for the forenza u r getting some actually really good times..

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Tyrant@Jan 12 2005, 09:19 AM
if u dont mind me asking.. what mods do ya have on yer car?
coz for the forenza u r getting some actually really good times..
Yes i am... also forgot to mention thats with a full tank of gas(110pound)
First off its a manual. I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe and put a muffler on it. Then i have 17x7 wheels with some real nice tires and thats it. The end of this month i hope to have a lightend UD pulley and 18x8, or 18x8.5 wheels on instead. The 28th or 29th im going to the drag strip and i can get perfect results. plus ill take all the extra stuff out and lose about 200 pounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by kinkyllama@Jan 12 2005, 11:21 PM
Yes i am... also forgot to mention thats with a full tank of gas(110pound)
First off its a manual. I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe and put a muffler on it. Then i have 17x7 wheels with some real nice tires and thats it. The end of this month i hope to have a lightend UD pulley and 18x8, or 18x8.5 wheels on instead. The 28th or 29th im going to the drag strip and i can get perfect results. plus ill take all the extra stuff out and lose about 200 pounds.
good luck with that bro.. i'm still actually surprised at the results.. with some more boltons u'r ride is gonna do great!
all the best at the drag.. make sure to let us know yer times :D.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Tyrant@Jan 12 2005, 10:14 PM
good luck with that bro.. i'm still actually surprised at the results.. with some more boltons u'r ride is gonna do great!
all the best at the drag.. make sure to let us know yer times :D.
Im still a little surprised to. I think the wheels make all the difference.

But for 0-60 stock is 9.38. I got 8.78... i know i can do much better on that... im still learning the best way to start. I always thought just reving it and letting off the clutch was the best but i got much better times reving it and slowly letting off the clutch trying not to let the wheels spin alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts