Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in southern spain in a semi mountainous region ( with many bad roads in areas). my little suzuki has done me proud for three years. then the oil feed to the centre cam bearing failed and the cam seized. as the car was built in 1986 i was unable to trace any spare engines/heads in malaga province---they had all done much the same thing. i contacted scrap yards in the uk and eventually found a head from a yard and had it shipped over. this was found to have a stripped plug thread(the joys of buying without viewing!). so far i have not found anyone whoe will fit a helicoil!! question???

any ideas as to an engine, gearbox back axle change that does not involve much more than muscle pwer, bad language and very agricultural welding? there are quite a variety if rear wheel drive vehicles to be found as a doner vehicle.
many thanks for reading the ramblings ----dudley

·
Registered
12 Posts
here in the states, they sell those kits at any auto parts stores, and they are esy to use with head off the engine. as for the other idea of changing drive train, it can be done, almost anything will work, just measure everything before comiting, would be nice to know what size the original was, could give better help. if you want one of those kits and willing to pay my cost plus shipping, drop me a email

1 - 2 of 2 Posts