Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Thanks for membership.

I have a question, and need some assistance.

Basically, I drive a 2011 SX4 M15A YA11S. Vehicle started losing power and vibrating. Engine Problem light ON.

After Diagnostic scan and resetting, Error code P0303 comes back and does not does not want to go away although I changed all spark plugs, coil packs, and thoroughly service and tested engine at many many mechanics. Is the problem now the Computer and needs changing? :(

Regards
Shastri

·
Registered
837 Posts
P0303: Cylinder 3 Three Misfire
Problem specific to this cylinder only.
spark plug..., coil pack....OK...I would check wiring to coil pack.
Which engine in this one....?..does M15 relates to 1.5 litre engine ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply LMP

engine is a 1.5 L, gas.

I could try and get the wires checked.

I forgot to mention, also on resetting the error code (about several times), it disappears for about 15 to 20 minutes after which it returns. However prior to returning, the vehicle drives perfect, no vibration and accelerates very well. But when the engine light comes back on for no reason, that is where the problem starts back with vibration and lazy acceleration. The rpm gauge also seems to fluctuate about a value when it should be steady.

As for the wires, I could try and take apart and check, but Is there a test other than a visual I can perform? such as a continuity with a multi-meter? and what size wire should I replace it with if I saw a breakage?

Thanks again
Regards
Shastri

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just curious, but how does the computer detect a misfire?..
an abnormal voltage at the coil pack primary winding is interpreted as a MISFIRE

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
actually, misfires are triggered by a discrepancy between the CAM and CRANK signals, you will need a scope to see the digital signals..

… Philip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts