Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How have you all been? So,.. I moved to Cali, sold the tracker :/. I didn't have much money when I got here, but you wouldn't believe what I found for cheap.

1976 Porsche 924 Euro spec Martini Rossi Edition :) (pic below)

She's almost 40 years old and I brought her back from the dead. It was sitting in this guys garage for 10 years. had fuel varnish all the way through it yuck..

Anyway, I'm a NY'er through and through. I am hoping to possible sell this thing and buy a nice rust free tracker out here. I would love to get my hands on a hard top like I had before, but this time a stick with auto hubs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow, that's a neat looking car! I would certainly think you could sell that as a classic car for a decent sum of money! Then you could buy several trackers or sidekicks! I wish you the best of luck in finding one!
dne'

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good eyes! It was re-painted by previous owner, lol. He had no idea what he had. I had to do research through PCA and Porsche in Germany to figure things out. Ironically even though it was painted, this car was so early in production that things wern't finalized until March of 1977. So that being said, Porsche says this car was hand built and not produced on an assembly line, which makes it unbelievably rare. Porsche wanted me to be in PCA and even offered a free membership because of the history of the car, I didn't sign up, I'm really not a Porsche guy. It's no 911 by any means, but from what Porsche told me it was the 924 which made the 911 possible with the revenue that was generated from it.

It is a fun car to drive, but holy hell was the fuel system really bizarre in this thing. It's like half the engine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea the early mechanical type. Wasn't so bad after I learned how it worked. But it took about a month to get the varnish out, the gunk was like clear sludge.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
... I am hoping to possible sell this thing and buy a nice rust free tracker out here. I would love to get my hands on a hard top like I had before, but this time a stick with auto hubs. ...
I also am a bit fond of the two door tin tops. I find it sad when a fairly nice one has been parted out. Like this one in the local Pick-a-Part:

Row52 | 1994 Geo Tracker

I didn't see anything wrong with the body and body/running gear it is better than most of my current "Kicks." Toss a JDM motor in it and take it to the north east and it would have sold for over $4K ... sad to see in the junkyard.. :(

Seems the guys there can not seem to find the hood release as most tracKicks in these yards have hoods damaged like this one. (I released the latch and it did "pop".)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually,.. I was thinking of trying to track down a 4 door as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
LA, know of one?

I would like a 95' or older but with MPFI, 4 door, auto hubs 4x4. I won't take a 96+ due to Gov't OBDII inspections.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Nice drive. I wish I could go out for a drive with the top down but its more boating weather here at present:

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
Three days w/no power (going on five for some) due to an ice storm here. Then on top of that a minor 4.1 earthquake felt as well. :(

Enough already! :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Three days w/no power (going on five for some) due to an ice storm here. Then on top of that a minor 4.1 earthquake felt as well. :(

Enough already! :D
And I was thinking about moving south? Snow storm #14 for the season is on its way here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.