Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I bought a samurai drove it for 2 weeks it drove like a champ over night it runs like cap now it turns on and idles fine and drives fine until it is warmed up than it will idle fine but once I put In to gear it will cut out and almost die until I push the clutch in than it idles fine and it does this repeatedly and can't go faster than 2 mph but the kicker is I can drive in reverse with no problems at all . It has new fuel pump new fuel filter new cap new wires new plugs at this point I don't know what else to check any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey there. I'm a newer Samurai owner. But I've been wrenching on cars since I was 15. About to be 50. Been around the block. ;) hard to say from your description. Let me ask you this. At neutral with your foot off the clutch is the car noisy? I'm wondering if your tranny is going bad. I just lost the tranny in mine and before it totally went out it was kinda as you discribe. Only other thing I can think of is computer related or carb related. Where are you located? I ask because if its your tranny I can refer you to the guy I got mine from 275.00 rebuilt and he's a hell of a guy. That's exchange with your rebuildible core. 150.00 core charge. He's in long beach california. He can ship as well. Give us some more details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts