Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a carry pick up, my engine s very noisy during the running (as in noisy jud), but its just normal during idle. and also my carry when running, its like one tire is flat, but when i look at it and measures the air pressure, they are normal. another one, during the shifting to 3rd gear, when u start to push the gas pedal, it shakes even the speed s right for a 3rd shift. somebody help... huhuhu...:(

·
Registered
177 Posts
sounds like you need a proper tune up, your valves might be loose already
How old is your pick up? I suggest you bring it to a casa & ask the mechanic
if he knows the proper clearance for your valves (cold) & if he has the proper
measuring tools for it.

(Are you from Cebu bai?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply... yeah, im planning 2 bring 8 to a mechanic. maybe dis coming weekend... i just bought my pick up last december 2007, but its just "as is". bought 8 somewhere in reclamation area... yes brad, im from cebu... :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
thank you for the reply... yeah, im planning 2 bring 8 to a mechanic. maybe dis coming weekend... i just bought my pick up last december 2007, but its just "as is". bought 8 somewhere in reclamation area... yes brad, im from cebu... :)

Same here, bought mine March 2006 from Clifford Ninal (J&C Auto trans.)
@ JM Basa corner V. Rama street, Cebu city for P100k "as is" also.
As of now it's still running good but the fuel prices are constantly going
up so I have a hard time budgeting & planning my trips.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel prices

Same here, bought mine March 2006 from Clifford Ninal (J&C Auto trans.)
@ JM Basa corner V. Rama street, Cebu city for P100k "as is" also.
As of now it's still running good but the fuel prices are constantly going
up so I have a hard time budgeting & planning my trips.

Have a good day.
wer u from cebu bai? im from cogon,pardo. yeah ur right, fuel prices are almost unaffordable. some says that every weekend 1 peso per liter will increase in the fuel prices. what a situation! by d way bai, my carry is okay now. d mechanic says that timing is advance daw. dn clutch lining is almost not good. thanx for the tips bai... it helps...:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
wer u from cebu bai? im from cogon,pardo. yeah ur right, fuel prices are almost unaffordable. some says that every weekend 1 peso per liter will increase in the fuel prices. what a situation! by d way bai, my carry is okay now. d mechanic says that timing is advance daw. dn clutch lining is almost not good. thanx for the tips bai... it helps...:D

Yep, I'm from Cebu (Toledo). See you around.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Now I use PETRON Extra Unleaded (93 octane), before I'm using SHELL Super Premium/
Unleaded (93 Octane). I use PETRON because here in my place it's cheaper by a few
cents & they are often a day delay in increasing their prices. But our specs simply
says use Unleaded gas which is not harmful to environment. As consumers we tend to
choose cheaper fuels & judge the appearance of their gasoline stations. For me I choose
Shell because I'm attracted to the color & style of their station. It looks clean & new.
Caltex stations here in our place looks old & dirty so I rarely filled gas there.

For engine oil, I recently shifted to CASTROL MAGNATEC (10W-40), before I used
Shell Helix Super (20W-50), Havoline (20W-50) & FUCHS TITAN (20W-50).
If you can afford a much expensive fully synthetic multi grade oil like Shell Helix Ultra,
Mobil 1 or ULTRON RACE / RALLYE the better performance it will offer.

Eventually you still need to change oil every 3,000 miles or abt. 4,800km. It doesn't
mean using expensive oils mean a longer change oil interval. In my opinion, Castrol
Magnatec is halfway between cheaper & expensive oils. It's partly synthetic but I'm
after the viscosity range since I feel that 20W-50 is a bit thicker for our Zukis & it
tends to consume more fuel I guess ??? I also observed that the engine temp. tends
to be low. Our engines should reach their optimum temp as soon as possible for better
performace & better fuel efficiency. But If you're complaining about oil leaks or constant
oil loss, use the thicker one (20W-50), it surely helps.

For more information on oils you can read our old thread entitled "What oil do you use
for your zuki babies?" or just use the search option & type engine oil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx 4 the reply bai bruce li... It helps... by the way, ive seen u posting a timing belt, where did u buy it bai? and will I change my timing belt? I just bought my zuki just last december 2007 and it was "as is". please have me some advice... thanks a lot...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanx 4 the reply bai bruce li... It helps... by the way, ive seen u posting a timing belt, where did u buy it bai? and will I change my timing belt? I just bought my zuki just last december 2007 and it was "as is". please have me some advice... thanks a lot...
Bought mine in LB Enterprises. I think there are branches in Cebu city also.
I suggest you change it right away because since it's "as is" we're not sure
how old is that timing belt in your ride. Buy a new one so you are assured
it's really new & from then you can change every 3yrs.

But if you're trying to save a few bucks, you can ask the mechanic to check
your timing belt for cracks. If you see none, then you can use it for a year
w/o changing. But if you see even just one crack, you better change it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx for the advice bai... il let my mechanic checks it, maybe ds weekend. By the way, i would like to ask if how bad the damage is once your timing belt breaks, especially during engine running... Thanx in advance...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Actually, I haven't experienced breaking my belt yet but my officemate has.
He told me that the damage includes warping of the valves, damaged cylinder
head cover & probably the piston head & its linkages. After engine overhaul &
repair he told me that the extent of damage was so severe they could not
return it back to the original condition. In fact it emitted smoke & the
fuel consumption increased thereafter. Cost of repair was so huge that buying a new engine would be a better option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuel consumption increased thereafter. Cost of repair was so huge that buying a new engine would be a better option.
whoah... that's fearsome... im gonna let my mechanic check it as soon as possible... thanx for the info bai... it greatly helps... by the way bai, another question, what do you think is the maximum speed of my zuki? i have a 660 cc engine, 12 valve, and 12" tires. thanx... :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
whoah... that's fearsome... im gonna let my mechanic check it as soon as possible... thanx for the info bai... it greatly helps... by the way bai, another question, what do you think is the maximum speed of my zuki? i have a 660 cc engine, 12 valve, and 12" tires. thanx... :cool:

The max speed in our speedometer is 140kph, I think no one here in our
Carry/Every forum has dared reach that speed yet. But others claimed
they reached 120kph. I think there was one post here somewhere with
link to Youtube showing a turbocharged Carry (pick-up type) going from
zero to 100kph in just 11 or 12 sec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The max speed in our speedometer is 140kph, I think no one here in our
Carry/Every forum has dared reach that speed yet. But others claimed
they reached 120kph. I think there was one post here somewhere with
link to Youtube showing a turbocharged Carry (pick-up type) going from
zero to 100kph in just 11 or 12 sec.
huh... bad.... internet connection hr n our place so mad... bai, ive already bought a timing belt worth only 450 pesos just last week. s dis ok? theres no brand on it.. and also i have a new stereo, s it ok that i just connected it directly to the battery? will the battery last longer for this? thanx...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello bruce li, do you have any idea where i can find the air adjustment of suzuki every 1999 model? I have problem with irritating fumes from the exhaust. Thank you. Fuel injected engine, automatic with ac. engine just bellow the drivers set. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
woah! thats really a big damage. i experienced breaking my belt while running. when my mechanic checks the engine the damage was a warp valves ( 3 or 4 valves i forgot).

·
Registered
177 Posts
hello bruce li, do you have any idea where i can find the air adjustment of suzuki every 1999 model? I have problem with irritating fumes from the exhaust. Thank you. Fuel injected engine, automatic with ac. engine just bellow the drivers set. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. Pls check my previous post (with photos) about
adjustment of air.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
timing belt test..

Sorry for the late reply. Pls check my previous post (with photos) about
adjustment of air.
Bai bruce, il ask again, i already bought a 450 pesos timing belt with no brand on it, s ds ok? thanx...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts