Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to see if I can change thermostat, but that didn't happen. So now I have no throttle. I removed housing, 3 hoses in pic 1, pic 2 I removed the wire boot. When I plug/unplug the wire boot in pic2 the idle goes up and down. When it's unplugged I get nothing. Could I have blown that sensor? My check engine and ESP light is on.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
2011 sx4 crossover 89xxx mi
...the wire boot in pic2...When it's unplugged I get nothing. Could I have blown that sensor? My check engine and ESP light is on.
ONly sensor I see is , I think, a temp sensor....very sturdy ....plug and unplug, it will change idle, normal...
THE multiwire plug....I have not identified yet....
unplug...and you have CEL..probably....but ESP?....can't explain
UNplugged, you get "nothing".??...explain!,
mmmm...what was the problem with the thermostat ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No throttle. Nothing. I can press petal NOTHING. I had to plug it in so I had some rpm's to get it in garage. Think of a lawn mower with bad spark plug it bad carb. Idle Up and down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just did a code read. I have me almost every code under the sun. I couldn't erase the codes either. There were 12 codes

·
Registered
862 Posts
I guess you had disconnected, amongst other things, the electronic throttle....so normal you get "nothing"...(that is no throttle response, clearly stated ..) .in that condition.
I do not know why you tried to run the engine with several things disconnected...in that condition it is probable the computer has detected a lot of missing items hence throwing lots of codes...

Now...tell us you have reconnected everything...tried to clear codes, are there any codes left ? Can you list them please ? ...and what happens then. DO not use "nothing" or everything...detail each item....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. yes. it was stupid for me to try and start it didnt think it would cause harm. 12 codes are p2111 t.a.c. p0118 engine coolant temp (dont have code)M.A.F.(?) it was those 3. it kept repeating them. some with different code numbers. i couldnt erase them. the reader tried but not happening.

after what i exp. i disconnected neg battery cable to see if that helped. after 10-15mins i reconnected it started it the went up to 1000rpm stayed there. i didnt sound like lawn mower whenthe choke wasnt set right. by that i mean the idle wasnt going up and down.

NOTHING= when i press on gas pedal. throttle doesnt work. cant drive the car in D or R, cant rev it up in N.

what a leasson i learned.

·
Registered
862 Posts
.... when i press on gas pedal. throttle doesnt work. ...
Is that even after you have plugged everything back ? Verify for bent or broken contacts....
THrottle is electronic, no cable.
There is a procedure to recalibrate throttle....I will look for that and post it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had it towed to stealer. We bought the extended warranty on it. Let them fig out. Maybe the computer or something needs to recalibrated/reset

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks. just looked at. i dont know if that would have helped bc even on radio screen it was flashing"system checking". So there is something crazy going on. Let stealer fig out, since we $15xx.xx extra.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts