Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

In a bot of a bind here. I'm trying to replace the rear rotors on my girlfriend's 2012 SX4 Crossover. I have the new rotors, however, I cannot for the life of me remove the original rotors. It looks as if the old rotors are held on by the axle nut, however, I have never seen this on any car before.

Could there be that much rust, etc between the rotor and the area around the axle nut that it looks to be a thin weld line? I've sprayed it with penetrating oil and have been banging away with a hammer on it and still cannot loosen that damn thing. Up in New England BTW so salt and rust is an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated; thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Hopefully yours matches this parts diagram for the 2012. If this is the case 2 bolts need to be inserted where I've arrowed to push the disc off. It's quite common for Suzuki to use 8mm bolts but I'll have to check what the workshop manual says and this would be for an earlier model but may still be the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
Hopefully yours matches this parts diagram for the 2012. If this is the case 2 bolts need to be inserted where I've arrowed to push the disc off. It's quite common for Suzuki to use 8mm bolts but I'll have to check what the workshop manual says and this would be for an earlier model but may still be the same.

Thank you for the welcome and information! I will run out and grab some bolts. Many thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts