Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I recently bought a stock 1988 Samurai off the original owner. It has never been off-road and is in great shape. I will be using this truck half the time on paved roads/highways as my daily driver, and the other half as a hunting rig in the bush. Not looking for any wild articulation or anything, just a good safe ride on the road that is capable in the bush as well.

I just put 215/75 R15 BFG AT tires on it and would like to add a small BOLT ON suspension lift with the least amount of other changes necessary (brake lines, steering, etc.). I have read extensive amounts of the great posts on here but stilll have a few questions...

A few guys seem to suggest the OME kit. If I go with an OME spring/shock kit (2.5" in the back and 2" in the front if I am not mistaken) Are there any major changes I need to make other than maybe longer brake lines due to increased articulation??

Is there a better kit I should be looking at? Anyone have any comments on the OME shocks that come with the kit from Rocky Road?

All in all I am fairly new to this, and dont have a huge amount of money to spend right away. Any suggestions you wish to make for my little hunting rig would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
149 Posts
...rocky road off road.... :eek: you should do some searching on some of the forums regarding this vendor (zukikrawlers,zuwharrie, ect...). A few people have had no problems but seems to me that more people have problems with them. I personally would never buy from them again. I would sell my samurai or burn it to the ground before I would ever buy from rocky road again.
A lot of good vendors out there such as trail tough, petroworks, low range, ect... in fact the only one I wouldn't buy from is rocky road.
I did purchasing for an automotive aftermarket company for a few years and I have never dealt with a company as rude as rocky road. I did finally get a refund from them but it took taking verbal abuse and getting hung up on by the owner.... all for a mistake that they made.
Good luck and consider yourself warned :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on RockyRoad... I will steer clear of them.

Any info on the OME 2.5/2" lift or equivalent? Can I bolt on with minimal Mods?

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not sure about those springs... I have run the 2" lifted Bonz-Eye springs and they were way too stiff for me but I was running them spring over axle.

Something else to think about is lockers. When you get offroad they make a huge difference in where you can go and not get stuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts