Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My daughter needed a car in a hurry and we found this 04 Verona for a great price with 91K miles on the odometer, it runs great when I test drove the car and every thing worked. Two days ago the car stalled and did not start, I replaced the corroded battery terminal and thought that was the problem. This morning my daughter got stuck again, it didn't start at first but when it did finally start the engine stalled one more time and will idle high and low at stop.

So my internet searched lead me to a recall to this verona with the same engine stalling. I called my local dealer to see if this recall had been done to this vehicle. I gave them the vin and the service ref told me that there is no recall for this car, he said it is vin specific so it doesnt apply to me. Is this right? This car has all the symptom I found regarding engine stalling, and if so then what would be the fix? I'm on a tight budget so I would be doing the work my self its not something major.

thanks in advance and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Zippo

S

·
0 Posts
Try cleaning the EGR valve. My 04 verona used to stall somewhat frequently and occasionally wouldn't start. Took it to the a mechanic at the Suzuki dealership in Seattle, couldn't' find anything, couldn't help. Last year met a friend who had a buddy who was a Ford mechanic. I described my problems and he said go after the EGR valve and clean it. It's stalled once since I cleaned the EGR valve(really heavy deposits after 10 years of use, but only 90k miles), which is much less frequent. Fixed the high idle too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts