Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking it out 4-wheeling I hosed my Samurai down to get the mud off of it. I ended up with a lot of water in the passenger side floor. I thought I had left the passenger door cracked open. But today it happened again and I noticed water was pouring into the passenger side carpet when the hose sprayed over the intake grill on the hood near the windshield.

Is this a common problem, and how do you fix it?

·
Super Moderator
12,254 Posts
I believe it's fairly common and is caused by a clogged drain - what I can't tell you is where to find the drain, but my suspicion is that it'll be behind the wheel arch liners.

Water going in through that vent grill is supposed to drain out underneath the car, but over time leaves and what have you get in to the vent system and clog the drain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those do get plenty clogged over time. I had the same problem then I took the dashboard out and gave everything a good cleaning. Must've gotten 10 pounds of packed leaves and dirt out of there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't want to pull the dash out. I do suspect it could be full of leaves. Hoping there is access to the drains without removing the dash?!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Look on the firewall under the hood. There will be a drain or two on the lower part next to the bellhousing. Funny looking grommet things with a turn down to them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bummer! i have the SAME EXACT problem. i took a metal hanger and started ramming it through the cowl near the hood to shove the gunk through the little hole. There are holes on the left and right down in that grill if you look. I cleaned quite a bit out of mine but it still leaks when it rains hard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
in heavy rain, mine drips straight onto my feet while im driving, but only enough to leave damp spots on the mat. passenger side however tends to leave big puddles on the mats... but i think my problem is mostly in the seals around the door, theyre all dead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts