Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Sigh* 2 trips to local electronics store...still not correct wiring harness. I thought that it would save me the trouble of having to "guess" which wires connect. They swore that the unit they sold me was correct. Bums! So...I can splice withe the best of them. But I need help with the colour codes. Anyone know what wires go where from the stereo in a 2001 Vitara?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Max.
Thanks for the reply. I noticed your wiring map earlier. Quite comprehensive, but unfortunately, the main wires coming from the car to the stereo, do not include a violet. (The harness that came with my stereo sure does though!) I am tempted to hook up the "brown's" as if they were the violet. But there are several other matched pairs that could be candidates as well ie red/yellow, red/white, orange/blue, and another orange combo that I can't remember. I have a suzuki repair cd rom somewhere in the house...but I'll be darned if I can find it. When I do, I'll be sure to try and get a copy posted somehow, so that others can benefit. Thanks for trying mate. Peace, Wanda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got It!!

Hi Gang. Just thought that I would let you know. The correct wiring harness for my Vitara was actually for the Tracker. ( Of course it was...can't believe that I didn't go there!) Anyway. I feel like a mope! But then again...wouldn't:blush::blush: they know that at Future Shop?? :blush:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved

Just incase anyone else runs into the same problem....I found the correct wiring harness..COMPLETE with antenna adaptor at Walmart. $10. Easy Peasey. It's a " '92 and up General Motors". Wish I had found this first. ;)
Peace,
Wanda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts