Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here's my story.

I just bought my brand-new suzuki forenza one week ago. I absolutely loved the car, fabulous color (the dark red one) loved the way it looked, loved the interior, and loved the way it drove. I was very happy to be getting it and was excited about it being my first brand-new car. (Have owned two used cars in the past, have multiple horror stories about those.)

So anyway, everything's perfect for approximately six days. Then I go out to take my sister to her tennis lessons and the car won't start. It makes a clicking noise and the engine doesn't even turn, so we figure, okay, bad battery. We jump it with cables and take it into the dealership. I'm kind of annoyed, but they slap in a new battery, say nothing's draining it and everything's peachy keen.

For about one more day.

Then I jump into my car to go to work and once again it refuses to start. It doesn't even make a clicking noise this time which means the battery is reallllly low. So now I'm really annoyed, we jump it again and take it back to the dealer. It's sitting there now, they claim that they can't find the problem and they gave me a rental car while they hold it overnight. And oh, by the way, between the two days it had battery problems, it also got a flat tire.

So while the dealer is doing everything they can and fulfilling their obligations by giving me a rental, I still feel like I want to scream and/or cry. This is my first major financial investment and I didn't expect to be having these problems within a week. The reason I even got a new car was because my old camaro was finally wearing down and proving to not be so reliable anymore, I thought for sure a brand new car would solve my problems and I spent weeks scouring the web for info on the suzuki and all its competitors and then test driving everything.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had problems or if I really did just get stuck with a lemon. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but having problems with a brand new car three days in a row makes me highly suspicious.

(P.S. sorry for the terribly long post)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Meb!.....how are you? Wellcome to this forum. Thats really very pathetic to know that within a week you have faced problem with your battery no. of times.

there is a possibility that the one who replaced the battery didn't change the previous tubes or he must have done something wrong with the system otherwise this problem would have never been there.
I think there may b a very minor problem with the engine over heat. Please check that you fan is working fine or not. Is it sucking air properly??.... if the fan speed is a bit slow then you only need to change your fan.

I think Forenza is not too bad as you are thinking. It is a compact sedan and have only one engine-a 16-valve,DOHC,inline four-cylinder making 119 hp and126 lb-ft of torque. Moreover, it is equipped with a standard 2.0-litter,14,119-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard. and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
So, take it easy and take a ride with pride.

Originally posted by Meb@Jul 26 2004, 10:15 PM
Okay, so here's my story.

I just bought my brand-new suzuki forenza one week ago. I absolutely loved the car, fabulous color (the dark red one) loved the way it looked, loved the interior, and loved the way it drove. I was very happy to be getting it and was excited about it being my first brand-new car. (Have owned two used cars in the past, have multiple horror stories about those.)

So anyway, everything's perfect for approximately six days. Then I go out to take my sister to her tennis lessons and the car won't start. It makes a clicking noise and the engine doesn't even turn, so we figure, okay, bad battery. We jump it with cables and take it into the dealership. I'm kind of annoyed, but they slap in a new battery, say nothing's draining it and everything's peachy keen.

For about one more day.

Then I jump into my car to go to work and once again it refuses to start. It doesn't even make a clicking noise this time which means the battery is reallllly low. So now I'm really annoyed, we jump it again and take it back to the dealer. It's sitting there now, they claim that they can't find the problem and they gave me a rental car while they hold it overnight. And oh, by the way, between the two days it had battery problems, it also got a flat tire.

So while the dealer is doing everything they can and fulfilling their obligations by giving me a rental, I still feel like I want to scream and/or cry. This is my first major financial investment and I didn't expect to be having these problems within a week. The reason I even got a new car was because my old camaro was finally wearing down and proving to not be so reliable anymore, I thought for sure a brand new car would solve my problems and I spent weeks scouring the web for info on the suzuki and all its competitors and then test driving everything.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had problems or if I really did just get stuck with a lemon. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but having problems with a brand new car three days in a row makes me highly suspicious.

(P.S. sorry for the terribly long post)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Simren, thanks for the welcome.

Anyway, the dealership called yesterday saying they found the problem. There was a mix up with the wiring in the harness so they ordered a new one and I should have my car back in a few days.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to take it back in.

If they truly fix the problem, I will be completely content with my little forenza, so here's to hoping!

·
Registered
30 Posts
How r u Meb?.......its my pleasure........Thank God your problem is solved.....I mean going to be.........Hey.....take a ride with pride........because it is the one which provides high level of comforts.......Isn't it?????

Wish u good luck for future!!!!!!

Originally posted by Meb@Jul 29 2004, 02:04 AM
Hey Simren, thanks for the welcome.

Anyway, the dealership called yesterday saying they found the problem. There was a mix up with the wiring in the harness so they ordered a new one and I should have my car back in a few days.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to take it back in.

If they truly fix the problem, I will be completely content with my little forenza, so here's to hoping!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:( ,
Hell Friends,
I got 04 Chevy Optra at end of last year. I am in Nothwest of Canada. I found a big problem.

In extrem cold days, it is ok to start up the engin. After 10 minutes warming up, the engin is easy to stall and once it stall, it will be very hard to start again. It seems that the starter is working properly, however, the engine won't turn up. Also, anytime after you shut down the engine, it is hard to restart. After a while, cool down a little bit, it start OK again.
So the problem is funny. Not warm start problems, not Cold start problem either.

This happened in two days. On other days, either cold or warm , it works OK.

Some other anoying problems,

some annoying sound from clutch pedal when cold
some click sound from connection of windshild and metals when going through bumps.

Dealer said it is a program code bug, I am still waiting for response.

Any help ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts