Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, need help about this shock absorber with part number 334196(gas pressure type) , will it fit my suzuki escudo 2003, (2.0 engine and TL52W chassis). did a research, it says it fits with suzuki grand vitara 98-05, does it also fit with escudo 2003?.
The part number of the current front shock absorber installed in my car right now is 634090(oil pressure type) , but it will take a longer time for this to deliver,. This 334196 is available online and can be delivered fast to my location,.
Response and insights is highly appreciated..

P.s. I recently changed both my rear shocks with gas pressure type shock absorbers, planning to switch to 334196 since its a gas pressure type also, i dont know if this is a good idea.

Ill be learning more from you guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Escudo is a grand vitara, Escudo is the name predominately used in Asian markets

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
In my mind saying the Escudo is a Grand Vitara is not 100% accurate - the name was also used on the Vitara & XL-7 - so a 2003 Escudo could be one of two vehicles - specifying it as a TL52W chassis is more informative.

The shock/strut part numbers provided appear to be KYB numbers - by themselves they are meaningless, but if you state the manufacturer, then we can look it up and determine suitability.

Yes - a KYB 334196 Excel-G is a suitable replacement for a TL-52W Escudo, but left front only, you'll also need a KYB 334195 for the right front - the difference between the two is the position of the brake hose bracket, some strut manufacturers fir two brackets allowing one part number to be used for both sides, KYB supplies two different parts.

Gas shocks vs non-gas shocks - I don't like to describe "non-gas" shocks as oil shocks, simply because all shocks have oil, even the gas shocks - the difference is the gas shocks have nitrogen gas, and the "non-gas" shocks don't - gas shocks will always have superior performance when compared to a "non-gas" shock, whether or not your specific usage will benefit from that superior performance is another matter - around the city on paved roads, maybe not, highway usage & off road, certainly - given the small price differential, I'll take the gas over the non-gas any day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts