Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my sami's 1.3 engine to a tracker 1.6 engine. I was wondering if there's jet kits available for the larger motor?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't think the hitachi carb needs larger jets for the 1.6L It shouldn't have a problem providing enough fuel for the air that it meters into it. Unfortunately it's a bit restrictive on it's airflow. I think the Hitachi moves 250 CFM. The engine is capable of taking over 400 CFM. If you want more power out of the engine you'll need to go to a weber that moves 300cfm or a CV carb that moves around 350cfm or a multi carb setup pushing 400+. Don't go over 450cfm or you're over-carbureting the engine. Without a header, the larger carb is going to be pointless though.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The 1.3 carb is quite restrictive on the stock 1.3, even without a header good power increases are possible with a larger carb. On a 1.6 you should still get a little more top end power than with the 1.3 but a bigger carb will make a lot of difference, the 1.6 carb is around 20% larger by area.

·
Registered
616 Posts
carb...

& speaking of sidedraft carbs, check this out:

ZOR Zuks Off Road

The product is towards the bottom of the page.

This is a reliable, complete system that only requires you to provide a CV carb off of a Harley Davidson motorcycle. It requires a 1.3 8-valve carbureted intake to work. The owner, Myron provides great service before and after the sale!

I am going to swap my Weber out for one on my 1.6 someday soon...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts