Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so being a noob I put my original post in the wrong place so here it is again. I have a 96 Sidekick with a 1.8. There is a metal tube that runs from the heater core collant return hose to the back of the waterpump. Mine is currently cracked and I am attempting to replace but can't figure how to remove tube from waterpump. If anyone has done this or knows how I would appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
This would be a 1996 SPORT model as it has a 1.8l (J18) motor.

This is the small diameter pipe running under the exhaust manifold from the rear of the motor to the back side of the water pump. --- Correct? ---

It is held into the water pump by a single bolt. It also has a bolt at the other end on the rear right of the head. (Both have 10mm heads.) The pipe is sealed at the water pump by a o-ring. The non-water pump end has two hoses. One to the heater core and the other smaller one goes under the intake to a by-pass tube. (I have a J18 on a stand in my garage, ready for re-installation. So I stepped out and looked.. ;) )

This part would be the same on any J18 motor, even FWD ones. I suspect it would also be the same on the rest of the J motors... so it should be a fairly common junkyard part. I have a used "spare" tube if you can't find one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct it is the tube that runs between the manifold and block. So if I am understanding you once I remove the bolt, the tubing just wiggles out from behind the waterpump. I do appreciate the information and offer for a spare tube but I have already purchased one. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Once you have removed BOTH bolts. Have fun with the hoses on the rear of the motor.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
BTW what part of Oregon you in. I lived in Estacada and Gold Beach back in the 80's
Hillsboro Oregon 97124, just like my sig says. ;)

Just west of Portland.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts