Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,just purchased a new steering wheel with boss kit and quick release boss. Could someone help me with wiring the horn as original has only one red wire but boss kit and quick release have red and black wires which connects to horn of new steering wheel which has two connections. How do i wire this up when i only have the one red wire? Many thanks folks...

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
The boss kit should have a ring that bolts to the boss with a ¼" tab on it - one of the horn button wires connects there, and grounds via the steering column, the other connects to the horn wire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fittting quick release and boss kit for aftermarket steering wheel

As i don`t have a washer for wire to connect to steering wheel column is there any other way around this? As original wheel has 1 wire as new boss kit,both the quick release and new steering wheel have red and black. Also new steering wheel has 2 connections but neither have markings for earth and live...i assume connection in middle is the live...can you help. Will send photos. Many thanks for your help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorted thanks...Earthed steering column to complete circuit.

Hope the photo(s) can be viewed by the link below. Next to install roof lining/upholstery,door panels,dash recovered and fitted leather seats etc etc etc....Hope to have Vitara upgraded and complete(change of engine-any ideas apart from the EFI 16v?? Currently have basic 1.6L .)then spray the jeep and powder-coat the alloys. All fun and games folks!! (oh and money...lots of but will be worth it in the end.
Any engine swaps recommended as need more power and if anyone from Ireland or UK knows of where i can get one engine upgrade fitted it would be much appreciated and worth a few drinks if from the North or South of Ireland or the UK. Would be one very happy chap if i could have a solution to this as its twisting my melon man reading so much about engine changes its overloading my mind-really need your help!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.