Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My first post, and I hope you can help me with a problem. My wife has recently bought a used 2002 Jimny with automatic transmission and a second gear stick for 2WD, 4WD and 4WD Low - not a button.

I know the differences between the settings, and the car has only been used by us in 2WD. When I was moving it today I got a little curious and changed the little gear stick to 4WD - the light on the dash confirms this. However, I now cannot shift the stick back to 2WD. I can select 4WD and 4WD low, but it will not go back into 2WD! I am pressing it down and trying to push it forwards, but it won't go.

I hope someone can help me get it back into 2WD! We didn't get a manual with the car and apart from the sales guy showing us very briefly by pushing the second stick down and shifting gear, I don't really know what else I should be doing (if anything) to get it back in 2WD.

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't worry - I'm an idiot :)

I worked it out! You don't need to press the stick down to select 2WD or 4WD H. Just when you select 4WD low.

All fixed. But if there are any "do's and dont's" I should know about for playing with the gears, please let me know so I don't do any permanent damage! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts