Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I own a 2011 manual swift, for about 6 months I have had what I can only explain as a metal flex or ting type noise in the rear.
Now I have had suspension replaced front and rear as they were leaking, I've had a mechanic pull control arms off springs out check runners, check the beam(unsure of name) that control arm connects to and wheel hubs connect to checked, no cracks or issues have been found so far 2 mechanics can't find it after a few hours however can feel it in the centre beam.
It only happens when the car seems to be loaded up by putting a front wheel up on a driveway, anything that sort of twists or flexs the car, we can reproduce it by just jacking up one front wheel.

Today they pull bolts out checked lubricates checked brakes, wheel bearings, nuts, wheels and essentially they are baffled.

Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this, there is not a lot in the back of these cars but it's bloody annoying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark, I have the same problems with my car same year. 5 mechanics later and no luck. But it's seems to be getting louder, before it would only make a noise on sharp turns or roundabouts. But now when I go up the driveway on a slant, one wheel first it does it. It's really annoying and was hoping you found what was wrong with yours. Mechanic replaced mounts some kind of mounts on springs but came home today and still happening. please reply if you've had any luck sorting yours out. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sugi, I have no resolution yet but I can say what its not, its not my wheels and its not my schocks as I have new ones, the rubber mounts that go above and below the springs in mine have been checked and said to be fine.
When I have the noise I can feel it in the dead axle at the back of the car so to me that means its something attached not hitting the axle thats metal, as a rubber bush I would think that it should deaden this, there are so little bush's in the back on these cars, the only thing I am pushing my mechanic to check again is the Bush's where the lower trailing arms connect to the chassis, he has pulled out the bolt that holds this in and said the bush's look fine but the axle connects to nothing else to the chassis other then the springs, shocks and control arms, they will be having another look soon so I will let you know what they find, let me know if you get anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts