Suzuki Forums banner

Help needed with Alto clutch!!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fordem 
#1 ·
Hi new to here don’t usually have anything to do with Suzuki but any way I have a Suzuki alto 1.0 and I’ve just fitted new clutch but and does not seem to be working, goes into gears with wheels off floor but just not in floor obvs I know it will change gears while not on floor but it’s a brand new clutch kit fitted properly still nothing also had a second hand gearbox, which seems to be working fine I’ve tried adjusting cable but still nothing I can feel good tension in pedal just like clutch is non existent it’s a 2014 btw and I used same clutch kit to fit on a 2009 which I believe is exact same and Etsy that worked perfect any help will be appreciated

#4 ·
There are two things I want you to do ...

First - think about your thread subject - "Help needed !!" - the vast majority of people posting here are here because they need help - do you think you might get a better response if the subject was for example "Help needed with Alto clutch"???

Second - PLEASE - read your post - does it say what you want it to say? The first response is a question trying to clarify what you need help with, I'm the second responder and it's still not clear to me what the symptoms are.

I see no reason why the symptoms should change just because the wheels are on or off the floor. for reasons beyond my understanding you apparently expect them to. Also what does Etsy have to do with your Alto?

You say the clutch does not seem to be working - for me that means it either does not disengage when I depress the pedal, or it does not engage when I release the pedal - explain exactly what your is not doing - and we're talking about the clutch NOT the gears.

Questions (for clarification) ...

a - can you shift through all the forward gears with the engine off and the pedal depressed?
b - can you shift through all the forward gears with the engine on and the pedal depressed?
c - handbrake down, can you roll the car with the gearbox in neutral and the pedal released?
d - handbrake down, can you roll the car with the gearbox in first and the pedal depressed?

The answers to those four questions will tell us whether or not the clutch is engaging/disengaging as it should - and by the way I've changed the title of your thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.