Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone knows how to remove the front "plastic dash radio cover" on a reno 2005. . so i can install new radio . without braking anything please let me know....kiki

·
Registered
45 Posts
welllll...
you know the gray/silver matte plastic piece surrounding your stereo and the bit of compartments underneath it? get a knife, put at the bottom of that piece of plastic, inbetween the plastic component and the part molded into the car itself, and pry a little till you get it out a bit. then move to the side and pry over there. just keep prying till it pops off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ac knobs?????

ok what about the ac knobs . do the stay in place when i remove the plastic cover. or do i have to remove them first. also any hidden screws?:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
kikiquin said:
ok what about the ac knobs . do the stay in place when i remove the plastic cover. or do i have to remove them first. also any hidden screws?:(
mm the knobs will pull out with the dash cover i believe and the emergency light switch will too. also the cover is going to be very tight so you'll have to unplug the wires from the back of the emergency light switch in order to get enough space to work with your stereo at all. but make sure to plug the wires back in or your turn signals won't work.
there are no hidden screws, just little metal clips that may or may not pop out of when you pry out the cover. if they do pop out make sure not to lose them as you'll need them to reattach the cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts