Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking on here 4 a couple of weeks now and this is my first post. U guys seem cool, so I need to present a problem. I put a CAI on my 06 forenza(which i love to death) and my butt-dyno read slightly better performance. A couple of weeks later I went on with a 2.5'' in-4'' out muffler from mufflermall.com. Well, the muffler sounds deep and great but i feel like I'm losing power now. Any answers??

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
StL4renza06 said:
I've been looking on here 4 a couple of weeks now and this is my first post. U guys seem cool, so I need to present a problem. I put a CAI on my 06 forenza(which i love to death) and my butt-dyno read slightly better performance. A couple of weeks later I went on with a 2.5'' in-4'' out muffler from mufflermall.com. Well, the muffler sounds deep and great but i feel like I'm losing power now. Any answers??
I need more details before I can help you out well buddy.

Is it from the cat-back? is the piping 2.5" up to the muffler? any resonator?

Danny

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all the factory piping until about 6 inches from the muffler, where the installer had to custom fit an adapter and a 2.5'' short pipe. I think the factory piping is 2-1/4'' but i've been wrong b4. The cat and both resonators are still inline. Thanks

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
StL4renza06 said:
Its all the factory piping until about 6 inches from the muffler, where the installer had to custom fit an adapter and a 2.5'' short pipe. I think the factory piping is 2-1/4'' but i've been wrong b4. The cat and both resonators are still inline. Thanks
Uhh I really dont think that would have cut the power down at all...maybe the torque in the lower end at the very worst.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When was the last time your butt-dyno was calibrated? I think that your emotions dyno and your butt-dyno are getting the best of you. With the minimal gains that you may or may not get from just changing the muffler you would not be able to notice much at all except for sound. If your butt-dyno can read down to 1/2 hp or so........thats a pretty sensitive butt-dyno!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol thanx guys, i think i am trippin, b/c since i posted i've been eatin civics for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks/4thmeal and everything, even did an impreza and a couple of eclipses in. I reset my ecu, my brain, my butt, and changed my shift timing on the ol' stick i think i'll b alright, my next move is headers, any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts