Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
My 2000 Jimny auto box refuses to shift gears few days back. Went to NRMA garage and they told me they wanna totally rebuild the gearbox. $4000 bucks, I dont have that kinda money. They refuse to use a gearbox from the wreckers as they insist in genuine brand new parts. The repair will cost more than half I paid for the car.

Anyway I checked the service manual and it seems refusal to shift is due to the hydraulic soilenoids failing in the gear box. Does anyone know anyone I could go to that would check it out properly instead of saying " We have to rebuild it"?!?

I mean, you dont go to a doctors for constipation and get a intestinal track transplant right?!?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if the reason for your constipation is a complete faliure of your intestinal tract, then yeah you get it fixed. You can try to find a doctor that will use a donor intestine from a 70 year old man with unknown cause of death and unknown health conditions, or you can get a transplant from a 20 year old healthy man who died from a head wound. Most doctors won't take on the liability of the operation with the first donor.

This isn't your health though, its a cheap little zuki. Find a mechanic that will allow you to wave waranty and liability and get the transplant done. I don't know a lot about automatics, but I do know that rebuilding them is premium cost and needs to be done right. Hydraulic solenoids makes it more spendy. I totally agree that 5K is WAY to much to put into the vehicle. You can get another 2000 jimny for 5K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts