Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I change to 3rd gear from 4th during high RPMs, the 3rd gear just grinds to whatever is inside there. Especially whenever I engine brake, this happens every single time so I have to wait for the RPM to decline.

At first, I thought that I am not properly engaging the stick shift. So I tried pressing the 3rd gear (UPWARDS) as hard as I can to engage it properly, but, it still just grinds.

But there's no problem whenever I shift gears 'til the 5th or 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. Just from 4th to 3rd is my problem. And it feels like the 3rd gear is too shallow whenever I press the stick upwards, it's lacking that 'engaging' noise or tick or feel.

Help me, please?

And one more thing—
I bought this Suzuki Every 2007 (as the previous owner told me, but later discovered that it's a 1991 model when I saw the Certificate of Registration) Was I duped? He said that it's a 2007 "here" in the Philippines, but was made a 1991 in Japan.. Ughh I'm confused and depressed with the transmission issue.. Please enlighten me. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
13,770 Posts
The transmission problem is most likely a worn third gear synchro - as for the 1991/2007 issue, I think that's pretty obvious, if the vehicle was built in 1991, it's a 91, regardless of when it was registered in the Philippines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The transmission problem is most likely a worn third gear synchro - as for the 1991/2007 issue, I think that's pretty obvious, if the vehicle was built in 1991, it's a 91, regardless of when it was registered in the Philippines.
How much would the repair/parts cost?
I bought it for Php 80,000.00, is it too expensive for a 91 model?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! The seat belt tag is the accepted build date, but may not be correct. The Japan market dates the vehicle to WHEN it is SOLD, not built.
His explanation about the date is normal.
The 3rd gear may be worn, BUT, this is NOT BMW! Top speed is normally 60 KPH.
P80000 is a good price on Cebu, if in good shape.
Few places on Cebu you will get to 5th gear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Must agree with fordem. Warn syncro/bearing is most likely the issue. Also as newsavedone said.

Buyer beware in the Phils on everything. In LTO's eyes the car is "new" (to this country) when it's imported/enters the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts