Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/c compressor works but it won't blow any cold air anymore
Just warm air ..can someone tell me what and how I can recharge my a/c on a 2008 forenza....

·
Super Moderator
17,674 Posts
If the A/C compressor is running then the issue isn't a low charge (leak) as the installed freon low pressure switch would prevent the compressor from being energized.

IF per change that the compressor is cycling on and off and you get minimal cooling, then yes you have a leak which needs to be repaired prior to adding any of freon.

Take it to an A/C shop capable of troubleshooting and equipped to conduct repairs. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Max might be right. However, to charge your ac system, you have to buy ac coolant from your parts store. You will also have to buy an adapter. Should cost around $50 for both. The adapter is reusable. On your ac system, there is a low side and a high side, meaning lower pressure and high pressure. You charge the system on the low side. I can't recall off the top of my head, but the low side valve might be marked with an 'L' and have a light blue cap. I could be totally off on that. Just screw on the adapter and fill.

Actually, I just did a quick look on Youtube and found an instructional for a common coolant brand:

·
Super Moderator
17,674 Posts
That may work temporarily BUT! If the system is depleted of freon (or nearly so), there is not only a leak, but possible air in the system that requires evacuation. And if the system has been without a charge for any length of time, then the dehydrator is also compromised.

Even with all that said, a PROPER charge can not be determined without gauges connected to both the high and low side ports, in order to achieve the correct charge state and by having a working knowledge of freon pressure / temperature relationships in key locations of the system. ;)

Also, an overcharge (which is easy to do in the hands of the inexperienced) will do more harm than good FWIW. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
It may cost $50-75 to get it diagnosed, but your going to spend that just to find out you still may not have cold air.
I had to do this with my Truck about 6 months ago. Minus the line I had to buy and install, it cost around $200 to have it done complete. Your better off doing it Right the First time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts