Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

May i request some help on my Carry (Named: MAXX). I just noticed after the change Oil sometime march, that the oil gauge,every often i check MAXX before I travel, it decreases. I checked underneath if it has engine leak and so far none. I ask some drivers they say it might be on the piston, some says it might need overhaul...I maintain my ride on some minor fixes...but on the overhaul ...cant do it. If need to perform this...can you suggest to me a shop where I can bring MAXX. if not, can you give me a few inputs what should I check too. Hope for your tips Guys...Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well first you need to check if your engine is really burning oil. check the smoke of the car. if upon acceleration a smoke with a blue tinge color comes out, definitely burning oil. Also check color of spark plugs. burning oil will leave a black residue on the plug. the plug should have a clean copper color to it with no residue. Next check the radiator if you have oil mixed with the water. There are a lot of places oil may be leaking. Could be the valve seals, piston rings, and any number of places where a gasket has failed. If all else fails try mixing in a oil treatment to increase the viscosity of the oil. it may decrease oil consumption. anyway good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Engine oil decreases fast

Hi I have Zuki Carry truck with F5A engine. Just had the same symptoms like you.
Last week, we ripped the engine open. The piston rings were gone, we found stiff valve seals and the gasket had been badly worn out.

Just got out of the garage today having rebuilt the engine. Its pretty fine now. may be you could do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts