Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Jimny and have an engine light on. The car runs fine and we have tried all the diagnostic things on it but nothing comes up. Does anyone have any idea as to what it may be? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I have an 02 Jimny and have an engine light on. The car runs fine and we have tried all the diagnostic things on it but nothing comes up. Does anyone have any idea as to what it may be? Thanks in advance!
Are you saying that the diagnostic scanners are showing no codes or that they aren't reading the interface. Have you tried the non-OBD2 method of jumping the diagnostic plug and counting the flashes on the engine light?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Is it like the Samurai - as in the engine light comes on at mileage 'milestones' that tell you when you are supposed to bring the vehicle in for service? Did the vehicle just go over 60K, 80K, 100K miles?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
There are two diagnostic plugs. One accepts an OBD2 scanner and there is also another. That plug enables you to pull fault codes without a scanner, on a RHD Jimny I believe it is located behind the glovebox. You need to place a wire jumper (or paperclip) across two terminals and that will cause the Check Engine Light to flash the codes.
Try this site too:

www.jimny.se - a site made for Suzuki Jimny and it's owners only

·
Registered
4 Posts
And if you still don't receive any codes, just disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait a few minutes, and when you connect it back, that should clear it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts