Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... so I changed out the two seals in the distributor... marked the position of the distributor before I pulled it. Reassembled exactly as I disassembled and all went smoothly.

Except when I went to go start the Sami... it cranks but won't start. Any ideas?

I also replaced the two sensors on the transmission... that wouldn't have caused a no start issue would it?

I had recently changed the spark plugs and wires and it was running fine after that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the two plugs on the tranny would not cause that not to start one is a reverse and the other 5th gear retard timing.make sure all the plugs for dizzy are connected right and didnt bend a pin on it.make sure power goes tru the harness.12 volt test light should do it.if you did all correct make sure u have spark tru the wires.if not sure about static timing remove valve cover gasket make sure your at top dead center on number one piston wich is the first one from the front of engine.make sure the two valves are closed on piston number 1 and re install the dizzy and re wire the wires.1.3.4.2 is the firing order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts