Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • I purchased this 2001 tracker about 8 months ago from a used car lot, and recently the CKP sensor went out on it, of course my luck this specific vehicle you have to drop the transmission to replace it... well when the mechanic was under there he noticed this magnificent weld/repair job that was obviously done by a 9 year old... any advice on this? Can it be fixed? I was told its illegal to sell a vehicle that has frame damage without disclosure of the problem... especially something like this, the last picture is what it should look like... IMG_2557.jpg IMG_2556.jpg IMG_2558.jpg IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    1582901787107.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg IMG_2556.jpg IMG_2558.jpg IMG_2559.jpg 1582901787107.jpg IMG_2557.jpg IMG_2556.jpg IMG_2558.jpg IMG_2559.jpg 1582901787107.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Holy cow!!! In my country there is no way in hell that would even be allowed on the road, I'd be going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh I definitely did, he offered to fix it after I made it known what he sold me was a death trap and illegal to sell without disclosure... when I purchased it, he said it ran excellent amd had no problems..... what a lie that was, a week after I got it, I got stranded with a blown starter, then the valve cover gasket needed replaced not long after that, then the friggin CKP sensor, Anand now this... smh. I really just wanna know if it can be repaired correctly... since the welds are so wacked I'm thinking hes gonna owe me a different vehicle... that's just unacceptable.

·
Registered
677 Posts
This a well known vulnerability. Rusty front cross member, lots of info out there on it.
The good news is that it's not impossible to replace.
If you're in the US, auto damage disclosure laws vary by state. The counterveiling and often successful principle is: buyer beware.
I would replace, rather than try to fix that cross member, if you keep the car. I'm not a welder but I doubt seriously there's enough structural integrity to repair it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, bought it on impulse and in desprate need of a vehicle that day. I felt like I could trust the place, it's a local dealer with a trustworthy reputation, but yeah I'm kicking myself for not being more sceptical. He told me his mechanics check over every vehicle before they hit the lot, apparently that particular one snuck in somehow... ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts