Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Suzuki Swift

1.5 GLX VVTS model, 56 Plate, Petrol model.

Brought it second hand (one lady owner) from a garage 2 weeks ago. Been having problems with the blue key symbol (can anyone clarify the difference between the red/blue key lights on the dash) ?

Literally i will open the car, sit in and push the keyless start in and the blue light flashes. It will not let me turn the electronics on in the car or turn it a second time to start the engine over
The car has 38,000 on it and has been MOT'd / Serviced before i brought it. I have also seen full service history etc of the car, hence why i brought it with it being genuine and one lady owner whos clearly looked after it.

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,597 Posts
My thought is that you have the dreaded "Immobilizer" feature and an issue within it that most often requires sorting out only by a Dealer. :(

Does your Owner's Manual not define the individual dash indicator particulars? :huh:

Adding your location under "User CP" will help us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max, i have no idea as i'm at work and not with the manual. I know the blue key indicates that it recognises the fob being present and the red symbol means it can't locate a fob. But i literally cannot turn the ignition to start, its like its locked

·
Super Moderator
17,597 Posts
Then I'd begin with a fresh FOB battery (if you haven't already) in hopes that is the issue. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts