Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've a 2008 2.0L vitara. Recently I been having problem with my air con. It happens only when I start the engine and then switch on the air con .Bear in mind that it happen even after the engine is at its optimum temperature.

When I switch on the air con, the rpm went up and down like the engine is chocking. I have two option to fix it, first.. switch off the air con and let the engine run about 30 sec and then switch on the air con and everything is fine. Second way to fix is while still at parking gear, i accelerate for a few second then the problem will goes away.

Anyone can let me know what's the problem?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well, you might want to try that but afterwards leave the key in the "on" position for about 20 seconds before starting. Just the one time.

If that doesn't help, clean the throttle body.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kiwi,

What you mean is that I need to disconnect the battery and reconnect it back. Then switch key to ON for 20 second before start the engine?

Do i need to leave the battery disconnect for awhile?

Regards

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yep, for just a minute. But understand it's a shot in the dark but worth doing in case the throttle calibration is out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I switch on the air con, the rpm went up and down like the engine is chocking. I have two option to fix it, first.. switch off the air con and let the engine run about 30 sec and then switch on the air con and everything is fine. Second way to fix is while still at parking gear, i accelerate for a few second then the problem will goes away.
I'm guessing it's the air con compressor clutch is on the way out or belt slipping. Basically the air con compressor pulley wheel is always spinning and when you engage the Air Conditioning the clutch in the compressor kicks in and places a load on the engine which dips the rev's and then the engine revs up to reduce the load, in a normal situation.

The high revs initially could be the belt slipping (dust, grease, oil etc) when the clutch grabs (pulley stops) and then the belt heats up and grabs. The later load then dips the revs.

Get a mate to press the air con switch on while you watch the belt and see if the compressor pulley grabs the belt or vice versa.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Morning Guys,

@*Kiwi

I did the method of disconnect the battery. So far it seems like the problem is solve. I will monitor for a week to see if the problem surface again. Thanks!

I'm guessing it's the air con compressor clutch is on the way out or belt slipping. Basically the air con compressor pulley wheel is always spinning and when you engage the Air Conditioning the clutch in the compressor kicks in and places a load on the engine which dips the rev's and then the engine revs up to reduce the load, in a normal situation.

The high revs initially could be the belt slipping (dust, grease, oil etc) when the clutch grabs (pulley stops) and then the belt heats up and grabs. The later load then dips the revs.

Get a mate to press the air con switch on while you watch the belt and see if the compressor pulley grabs the belt or vice versa.

Good luck
@steeleaus

Hi there, thanks for the input. I will try later today to have a check. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts