Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Jimny refuse to run everytime after climbing up a slope. It has to cool down for 6 to 8 minutes before I can restart the engine again. Sometimes it also stop suddenly during hot weather with A/C on. Again, need to wait for 6 to 8 minutes before I can restart again. :(

Anyone with similr experience? Is it a sensor problem or something else?

Thanks for helping...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
I had the same problem a while ago. I’ve got a Jimny from year 2000. It stopped suddenly after 30-60 minutes driving. When turning the key the engine tried to start up but failed. After 5-8 minutes it started and worked well again.

Behind the oil dipstick you will find the thermostat housing. At that housing there is an electrical socket. That socket is a temperature gauge. If the thermostat doesn’t open as it should the temp gauge kills the engine in order to prevent it from boiling. It kills the ignition and/or fuel pump.

Try change the thermostat at it will probably solve you troubles. :)

There are pictures of the details, the oil dip stick, the thermostat housing and socket at www.ekner.net/jimny.html . The website’s in Swedish but the picture talks for it self, I think.

.. Boris

______

Originally posted by ycthk@Jun 8 2005, 12:54 PM
My 99 Jimny refuse to run everytime after climbing up a slope. It has to cool down for 6 to 8 minutes before I can restart the engine again. Sometimes it also stop suddenly during hot weather with A/C on. Again, need to wait for 6 to 8 minutes before I can restart again. :(

Anyone with similr experience? Is it a sensor problem or something else?

Thanks for helping...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts