Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been having issues and i think i got it down to the choke not holding open at starts, usu in the a.m. but sometimes in the p.m. too, it is pretty hot here in s. cal by afternoon it is over 100 but in the am maybe 75F or so. I have added Berryman's B-12 Chemtool fuel treatment in the last few tankfills b/c I think I had water in the tank at some point, I also changed the fuel filter. It seemed to improve issue for a while but now it is back to hard starts where it just blows white smoke, and does not want to rev or warm up, if i go to the choke and open it up a bit it seems to sound better, once I do that for 5 mins or so i can close the hood and drive off w/o issues. Any suggestions? I also plan on putting new motor mounts in soon. (and fix the leaking heater core, puddles at my feet)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, yeah i tried that but something is still sticking or out of adjustment. my mech friend said it may be bad gas. i may replace the filter again. once it starts and warms up it is usu good to go. blk smoke then wt smoke then clear and sounds smooth. but it idles low. if it runs clear in 5 min.s and i can hit the road i am happy.

on a side note it died on me last week, i think i found the electircal issue, i have my fog light switch hooked up to the ign coil fuse in the box above my ankle. i need to find a better one to use any suggestions??

·
Registered
193 Posts
If bad fuel is the case drain the gas tank and change filter and clean carb. A through clean which means dis-assembly and blow out everything with compressed air.

And it should be attached to the ACC fuse if anything...
The other option is run direct from battery after fusible link, with the and inline fuse of course.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i live in central cali and i just tie strapped mine fully open.its a pain in the cold morning to start it meanin gotta keep giving it gas with the pedal but after 2 minutes its good i run it slow for two blocks and warm it up quicker then im good all day even if i shut it off for hours it turnns on quick and i just go like a fuel injection car. only in the morning is a lil bit of a pain but hey its fine by me. better then efi and there lame senor this sensor that.change your gas cap too if its old of course and theres a idle up or down screw also on the carb but only when its completely warmed up adjust it.all the way on the left side of the carb and just above intake manifold is the screw. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts