Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of ours bought a new Ignis Sport from a dealer for what he (and I) thought was a bargain £7995.
His circumstances have changed and he is looking to sell, barely 4 months later and with 2000 miles covered.

His dealer has offered him a derisory £4350 and the best part-ex. he has been offered against a Focus was £4850.

I cannot understand for the life of me why this great little car is so unpopular with the public at large.
As a second car it does us a treat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, pretty much realised resale values terrible.
Looks like me and the Ignis will be together for a while then.
Is that such a bad thing? :unsure:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thing is rapid and well equipped. It is staying with us.
The lighter wheels and the 10bhp or so extra helps it handle and go noticeably better than standard. Revs out better, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how much did it cost in total to have the lighter fly wheel? with fitting shipping and all the other crap they add on like paper work!!! :D do you have anything else, i presume you allready have a k&n 57i?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree they don't seem to be very popular - when I bought mine, I asked my local dealer if they were a good seller and he replied "no not really - Suzuki aren't really known for making hot hatches" - in other words he implied Suzuki were not fashionable for the average boy or girl racer ! Still, their loss is our gain, I say ! I'm afraid some people automatically think of Suzukis as cars for pensioners ! Because mine is red, a twit at work insists on referring to it as a Postman Pat car !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by KevM@Jan 28 2005, 11:26 AM
how much did it cost in total to have the lighter fly wheel? with fitting shipping and all the other crap they add on like paper work!!! :D do you have anything else, i presume you allready have a k&n 57i?
It only has lighter alloys and lower-profile tyres, an induction kit and a less-restrictive exhaust. A friend altered the fuelling to suit and he estimates another 15bhp.
The lighter wheels, with stickier and lower rubber, has helped the handling quite a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by Willow@Jan 31 2005, 08:14 PM
I agree they don't seem to be very popular - when I bought mine, I asked my local dealer if they were a good seller and he replied "no not really - Suzuki aren't really known for making hot hatches" - in other words he implied Suzuki were not fashionable for the average boy or girl racer ! Still, their loss is our gain, I say ! I'm afraid some people automatically think of Suzukis as cars for pensioners ! Because mine is red, a twit at work insists on referring to it as a Postman Pat car !
Same here- I'm banking on the kids learning to drive in it (age 1, 4 and 11)

As for the dude in work, ;) just be sure that you give him a lift home one day, and be sure to take pictures after he soils himself! - Oh yes, at least Postman Pat got himself some pussy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They say what goes around comes around and the guy at work came well unstuck last week - he took his "old mans style Rover" in for a service and the courtesy car they gave him for the day was an IGNIS (non-Sport) ! He was well gutted !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah you don't see many Ignis' around, but who cares! Mine's the only one in the works car park, but apart from a Subaru, I wouldn't swap it!
I want to get my hands on a chrome bull bar I've seen on an Ignis in the local supermarket, but I can't finf them anywhere. Any ideas?
Rigoose

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out suzuki.co.uk and look under the parts catalogue...you'll find it there, but it won't fit...as the front bumper on the standard Ignis is different....good luck anyhows.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts