Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hello!!! I have lurked around for awhile but finally got around to signing up yesterday. I am a Suzukifreak, thus the name. I first owned a 1992 tracker LSi 4wd from 1993-1997, had kids and needed something bigger. Really missed that little thing, it went in the snow when nothing else would in a couple monster snow storms back in the day. Anyway picked up a 1990 Sidekick about 3 years ago for a cost effective daily driver and I love it. Again it has proved itself in bad weather just in its stock form. Now being an admitted addict I could not resist a 1987 Samurai that I found the other day. I have always liked the design of the Samurais better than the Track/kicks. Something about that square design and the round headlights and the metal bumpers that just appeal to me.:p I saw this Samurai sitting with a forsale sign on it and jumped on it because these things are never for sale around here. Now for the help, I have the original owners manual for the Sidekick, came with the vehicle, and I would like to have one for the 1987 Samurai but can't seem to find one. I have searched everywhere I know to search, and yes I have downloaded the repair manual which I know will be a bazillion times more useful anyway but I want the factory owners manual because I am just weird that way. I mean anybody that would pay anything for a 23 year old ruff ridin', weak powerd car ain't right anyway!! So if anyone could pointme in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Also need all the square dash vents for the 1990 Sidekick. All mine are all busted up and stuff. So thanks in advance and it is nice to be here, tons and tons of very helpful info. Thanks again, The Freak...:D

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Ok, the manual may be harder than you might think because I think they are out of print, But try the zook vendors and they may have one or two on the shelf. The last one I got was from Spidertrax. Here are a few places to try, but don't just scan their site. Some of these places have alot more stock that never shows up on their web sites...

PetroWorks
The Spidertrax Store
HAWK STRICTLY SUZUKI | Welcome.
Welcome to Low Range Off-Road, your off-road parts and accessories source for your Suzuki, Toyota, and Jeep

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this site. Not but a few moments ago I signed up with the "free" membership...... No $$ gets No recognition, No stickers, No storage room, less than admirable visual display and more Ads!! But what the hey, I just might get used to that!

In response to Freaks "Can U help me???", what would this manual be worth? I have an '87 Samurai, that at 21 years and counting, has been my longest standing "quasi" relation, bar none, not to mention my daily driver! I also have the owners manual, if you are referring to the 6 x 8, 75 pg. manual, Suzuki part no. 99011-83322-03A. It lists 8 different 1987 models in the JM/MM series (convertible & hard top- JA/JX) that it applies to. You can e-mail me or just post here and I can get some pics to you. I havn't checked out how to add or post pictures on this site yet. I will also do some checking around on it and if it proves to be invaluable and I decide not to part with it, I will keep my eyes open for one if you'd like!

Anyway, I look forward to posting my numerous questions and concerns soon. This site and it's readers/bloggers look promising!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The manual that you really want is called the Factory Service Manual.
The Owners Manual is the thing they throw into the glove compartment that doesn't do much more that tell you how to work the radio and pull out the spare... (maybe a little more, but not usually as informative as an FSM).

The FSM has 22 sections and over 470 pages. There are also suppliments...

Welcome, both of you.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts