Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Scott I was recently left with a great gift. I was given a 1987 suzuki samurai jx. The main problem that is occurring, would be that my transfer case is toast I think. When I put the transfer case selector in 2wd it grinds. When I put it in 4 low I can drive it everywhere literally. If I put it in 4 hi /1st gear and I hold the transfer case selector it's fine but if I don't hold the t case selector, it will jump out and grind every time I push in my clutch. Also when i go downhill or uphill

I have been trying googling it, but nothing comes up. Besides the transfer case shifter sheet. Yes, I have purchased this item from trailtough.com and I have replaced it. But, no luck. I also changed the transfer case fluid, rear differential, and front. Please if you have a info help me

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
First of all you can't use 4wd on hard surfaces because there is no centre differential. As you have replaced the shifter sheet you should check that the selector rods are properly aligned, if they aren't then you may not be in 2wd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts