Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know if the Headman header 39500 will fit on my 88.5 samurai?
it list's it will fit 86 to 88 so i just want to make sure!
I called Headman headers and he wasnt sure but said he had never heard of a problem. If you look at the pacesetters they list 86 to 93 so it makes me wonder
Any help would be appriceated thanks

also is one better than the other Headman or Pacesetter???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
maybe they won't work with TBI engines??? I have no idea why they wouldn't work with all 1.3L 8 valve engines. Nothing has changed over on the exhaust side as far as I know, and the intake changes shouldn't be affected by a change in the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe they won't work with TBI engines??? I have no idea why they wouldn't work with all 1.3L 8 valve engines. Nothing has changed over on the exhaust side as far as I know, and the intake changes shouldn't be affected by a change in the exhaust manifold.
Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and orderd it this morning so when i get and put my motor back in ill report back in case somebody else runs across this too

·
Registered
201 Posts
another thing, you might check into powder coating the header, mine has gone to crap (rust) over the years, and before i put a new one in, will be getting it powder coated. just a thought

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think the thorely used to have chrome but have gone to ceramic instead. Mine is older and is kinda oxidized and crappy looking.. works just the same.. just not so pretty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never thought of that I think will have it powder coated i can see that paint flaking off real quick and it rusting.

Thanks fellas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too want to go with the Hedman Header. I read on one of the sites the paint is just a thin "shipping" coat so I plan on chemically stripping it and using a DYI ceramic paint, after I weld in a 18mm bung for the O2 sensor. May have to extend the wire, which is not good.

Then 2" pipes, glasspack and tailpipe w/o the cat as my county does not emmision test.

All after I pay off the new riding lawnmower I had to buy for the Mrs on Memorial day!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have to have the 02 sensor- or any sensor on a Weber in a '86 model if you don't have emmissions testing in your state?
Sorry to hijack the thread..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Iv got a Weber on my sammy my problem is the emissions in my county are really strick so im gonna have to register it through this guy I work with. It would be way hard to get my sammy back in to smog passing again I got this sammy about a year ago and the kid i bought it from never had to emission it so half of all the plugs are gone. Im basicly doing a frame up resto on this lil beast so I guess could redo all of that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think the thorely used to have chrome but have gone to ceramic instead. Mine is older and is kinda oxidized and crappy looking.. works just the same.. just not so pretty.
Thorley was chrome and is now ceramic. They have also moved the EGR port into the flange so it is no longer visible.

Definitely want ceramic coating on a header. Cuts the heat way down, making everthing under the hood near the exhaust live longer.

Will still melt anything that lays against it, like an inductive pickup off a timing light...:(

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They probably moved the O2 sensor further down since there is less heat disapation due to the ceramic coating. I doubt visiblity of the sensor had much to do with it, just a nice additional benefit. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts