Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My wife and I bought a 2001 Suzuki Gran Vitara X-L7, we are very pleased with it except for one major problem. We have no heat. We recently moved to Michigan and it is cold here... so a heater is a neccessity.

I had a thermostat replaced just before I moved here. We then took it to a Suzuki dealer and they said it needed a radiator and the heater core needed back flushed.

Cost- over 500.00. We still had no heat. I complained to the dealer and they had me bring it back. They once again backflused the heater core. Cost 104.00

We still had no heat. So I requested the help of my brother ( a mechanic and auto body tech). He said it maybe the water pump. After much labor we discovered the water pump was fine. We removed the thermostat and found it to be working fine.

We have tried everything and I am at my wits end. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion or know of other heater problems or how to resolve them.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
First try to put some cardboard before your radiator so the wind can't blow through your radiator.
I used to work for Renault out here in Belgium and there we had some diferent thermostates(different temps) maybe try that also. :p

Greetings from Belgium;De Lange

1 - 3 of 3 Posts