Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2008 SX4 (just bought it) and the heater only blows ambient temperature air. Never gets warm. I have been asked to check it out for her, but need to know what to expect as I will have only a short time to work on it. Have been told it might be something to do with the blend door actuator. So where is it located, and can the blend door be manually moved until I can get parts? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dudleydo. I don't have any experience digging through service manuals, but I expect the answers are in there somewhere, if I can figure out which link to use and get the correct information. Should be a learning experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it fixed. Turned out that the temperature control door was just stuck. Easy fix. I gave the linkage a tug and it popped loose and started working. Probably would not have found it without the service manual you sent. Thanks a bunch for all the help. Great information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parts????

OK, now the heater blend actuator seems to have quit. Does anybody know where I might be able to order one? Can't seem to find one in any of my searches. Any good Suzuki parts sources?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still have an unresolved issue of the Right air vents blowing Hot air and the Left vents blowing cold ambient air.
Tried burping to no effect both high speed and then rad cap off and squeexing coolant pipes.
Have studied service manual till i'm blue and can't see seperate Left and Right. however looking at above diagram is it possible the front vent flap controls one side and the back vent the other indicating I have a stuck vent?
I am about to flush and renew coolant due to possibility of airlock/blockage in heater matrix
Car just over 4 years and 17k miles.

·
Registered
849 Posts
There is only ONE heater core, so looking on the engine side (coolant) is irrelevant.
Youi have a stuck vent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts