Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Heater in my 87 Samurai has adequate air flow when set on Vent. But when I change to Defrost or Heat the air flow is almost non existent. The selector cable seems to be doing what it's supposed to, but it looks like it is causing the air flow to be blocked? I have blown compressed air back thru the heater vent with little or no results.:mad:
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Heater in my 87 Samurai has adequate air flow when set on Vent. But when I change to Defrost or Heat the air flow is almost non existent. The selector cable seems to be doing what it's supposed to, but it looks like it is causing the air flow to be blocked? I have blown compressed air back thru the heater vent with little or no results.:mad:

Any suggestions?

So you did the blower mod? Where you cut a hole in the blower motor, and blow compressed air through it?

Also, the samurai is odd and only allows for heat to come out of defrost and the feet. Everywhere else is cold or “outside air”

·
Registered
12 Posts
What might help is flushing your heater out, might be full of old coolant fluid. Here check this video out, very helpful.

- For effectiveness/cleanliness

- To locate Suzuki heater hose location/information

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is not temperature, it's lack of air flow. I'm running a 190 degree thermostat.
Something is blocking the air flow on heat and defrost but not vent?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
If I remember correctly when on vents you can only have cold as it bypasses the heater matrix, this is why it has so much more power. I believe you can still buy a cover for the intake vent to reduce the amount of crap that can get in there. Also make sure you keep the airbox drains in the engine bay clear, 2 rubber tubes coming through the firewall ;).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Any suggestions?
So when air is drawn from the outside, there is adequate air flow?
When switched to defrost, it is almost nonexistent.

Defrost also draws air from the outside and blows air through the AC
Heat blows air through vents

It sounds like either the vents are blocked
Or, the blend door is not moving into the proper position
Hard to tell from here.

Sorry, sponges also presented this video.
Great minds think alike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts