Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get at the heater blower resistor pack. Therefore I need to remove the glove box.
I see 3 screws on the door bottom and 3 screws on the top and one screw in the back plus a (?) push pin in the back.
I'm sure if I remove all these will the box come out.
Problem is, what about the hood release handle and cable ?
I don't want to trial and error this because if the box doesn't come out I don't want to force it and break something.

A little advise please. Thank you in advance.

doc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry. The heater blower pack is on the drivers side. Disregard this post.
I wish the manuals for these cars would provide correct information.
The wiring diagram is incorrect which makes it difficult to get a proper diagnosis of electrical problems.

·
Super Moderator
17,604 Posts
OK, but for future ref we'd at least need the year and model of the vehicle in question. ;)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
looking at other posts it's a Samurai, what workshop manual are you using as I have a couple, including the 1990-94 supplement covering fuel injection.

I also have a Hayne's but the pages aren't even good for wiping your ass with ^_^

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Max and Darrell.
From now on I will be sure to include the year and model (1990 Samurai JL).
It has A/C. I will pull the motor and then change the resistor pack. Good time to clean out the vents at the same time.
Thanks for your help.

Doc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heater problem fixed. Replaced (with much difficulty) the resistor package. I also replaced the fan switch as it didn't look all that well. That part was easy.
Thanks for your help.

Doc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts