Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Suzuki Verona /w 40.000 miles has one other issue. This weekend it got cold here in Kansas and when I tured on the heater I was getting cold air. I took it to a meinke (my dealer is an hour away) and they told me that the heater was working fine, but the duct work was not moving to retrieve air from the heater, and was still stuck on AC. I am hoping this isn't going to cost too much as I will be a father tomorrow and am trying to save money, but you have to have a heater in the winter. Anyone else having random issues with the Verona as it reaches higher milage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not had this issue but jut wanted to let you know there is a dealer in OP. It is off Metcalf and Johnson Drive Keystone Chrysler/Suzuki.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to use them. They tried to sell me stuff I didn't need and after an oil change my car leaked oil like a sieve. I don't think I will be returning there. Does anyone know if it is easy to remove the console area? THe problem with my Heater is the control wire for the buffers is broken. I have another on order it is only $15, but the dealer wants $160 to put it on. If it does not require lots of special tools I can do it myself. I was told that you must remove the radio and a small section of the console to get to the area that is affected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem with my heater. i went to the dealership and talked to the guy there and he said that only the korean veronas are having this heater problem and not the japanese ones. in order to fix it, they have to order the specific part from the manufacturer, so as a temproary fix, they will super glue a certain part together to keep the valve open, which means that you wont be able to adjust the temperature knob. other than that, i dano anything else about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue. the driver side heat is fine but the passenger side blows only cold air. Hate to bring it into the dealer because I know it's going to cost me a bundle. Were you able to get yours fixed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
dear verona drivers, in germany some people have this problem, it is easy to explain.
there is a coolfluid in your aircondition, there are some difrent on the market, some collored red, some blue and some green.
if you mix it, the fliud have a bad mix and creats a kind of gell or threads and clogs the aircondition.
to fix the problem, you have to drive to a carfixservice (hope you´ll understand what i meen).tell them your problem, they have to clean the aircondition and the fluidreservoir(also the pipes).

that should fix the problem. in germany such a serviece costs about 40 euro. and told them that you want to know wich fluid they took in.for next fullfill.

greezzz the Bassschlumpf

ps: hope you understand what i´ve written.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chuckie Here"There Is No Japanes Built Verona. "Magnus/Verona/Epica/Evanda They All Are Built In Korea By (GM DAEWOO)."Suzuki Sell The Verona Verson But It Is Still a Daewoo Car/GM Daewoo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i know i konw :bwekk: :bwekk: :bwekk:

but in china there is a copie of it to on www.chery.cn but this one looks much better then the evanda it hast 3 buildin monitors in the luxusversion.
the name is chery oriental son.

her the link

her some highlinghts

Oriental Son (介绍)

With sleek and handsome outline, Oriental Son is an exhilarating mixture of luxury, elegance and performance. If you are dreaming of a car for wherever life takes you, Oriental Son is such a perfect match.

Highlight(产品亮点)

Engine

In addition to Orient Son’s impressive outlook, it's just as dazzling under the hood. Boasting a double-overhead camshafts, 4 cylinders and 16 valves engine, Mitsubishi 4G64S4M churns out maximum power of 95/5500 and maximum torque of 198/3000.

Safety
With Delphi ABS system, four Key Safety Systems SRS Airbags, a visual Reverse Radar plus low brake fluid alarm, Oriental Son puts your safety in its heart.

Luxury&Comfort
What can make driving such an entertaining experience? Oriental Son is well equipped with what you can find in a deluxe car.
Enjoy music or movies via a 3-Screen DVD Stereo System while an automatic thermostatic air-conditioner and 8-way adjustable power leather seats complete a cozy ambience. And if you want sunshine and fresh air, why not check this Double-Deck Sunroof?

enjoy the news :grin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
the most common issue that I as a suzuki technician encounter with the heater and A/C system not switching hot to cold or vice versa is....the control cable that moves the damper door to either allow heated or cooled air breaks and does not move the door at all so whichever position it breaks in ....there it remains.There is no TSB that I know of for this but its quite common .Hope this helps .

Ricky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heater blend door

My 2004 verona would not get any heat. The heater hoses under the hood were both hot meaning that there was heat going to and coming out of the core, not plugged. There are six screws holding the glove box in place and a rubber bumper on each side of the box that you have to push in towards the center of the box to lower all the way to get at the bottom screws. Once that is out of the way you can see the white nylon control arms for the blend door. Turning my heater knob would pull the cable to the closed (cold) position but upon turing the knob to heat the cable just got slack. My guess is that there was a spring connected to the cable arm to pull it into the heat position but must have fell off somewhere. I placed a small spring onto the cable arm and attached it to a nearby screw at the other end. The door now is pulled to the heat position and turning the knob to cold stretches the spring but that works fine. A lot cheaper than going to a dealer. Heck! I would be willing to repair these all day for 1/4 of what the dealer would charge! :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cables moves it both directions generally. Just has to be locked down properly on both ends. Once this is done it works great. I HATED putting those cables in. Some sharp metal in the vicinity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts