Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Verona.

Has anyone ever replaced the heater cores in these cars? I smell antifreeze in my car and the windows fog up upon start up. I also hear what sounds like water swishing around in the dash at times.

Does anyone know if it's easy to change out?

Thanks for any help..

Hutch

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have done one and if I can help it NEVER NEVER NEVER again. SUCKS hard core. You have to manually disassemble the dash and then remove the crashbar underneath it to get it out. And unlike a lot of cars you can not just take out a part then the other it is one big case. And will not come out with the crash bar in place. And you have to remove the dash to remove the harness etc etc.

Sorry bout the bad news.

O h and the screws from the back side are MINT!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info...sounds about as hard as it was for my 91 Mustang GT.

Did you need a book or instructions\directions to get the job done?
Also, how much did the core cost?

What made you decide to replace it? was it leaking? or did you get the smell and fog on the windshield?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hutch

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for the info...sounds about as hard as it was for my 91 Mustang GT.

Did you need a book or instructions\directions to get the job done?
Also, how much did the core cost?

What made you decide to replace it? was it leaking? or did you get the smell and fog on the windshield?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hutch

Other tech said it was leaking by causing no heat concern, I got to take it out. The Book SUCKS and misses so many things not to mention will drive you MAD trying to figure out where they are sending you next.

I did it under warranty so no idea on price. Do not envy you but if possible might think about letting the dealership do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts